Alopecia Causes balding, round patches of Male Pattern Baldness on the scalps. Alopecia Causes maybe by aging, hormonal changes, high-stress levels, or system reactions etc..
Hello, Welcome to our 3rd Episode of Hair Loss, in this article, we’ll share you information about What is Alopecia, Causes of Alopecia and Alopecia Treatments.
Before we’ll proceed with all the details if you’ve not watched our Episode 1 & 2, kindly watch it and thereafter come to this, because all the articles & videos published in this episode are interlinked and based on each other. Therefore if you skip any article or video and start directly from the middle it will be a bit confusing to you.
Topics covered related to Alopecia Causes are:
|What is Alopecia?|
|What are the Causes of Alopecia?|
|What are the Side Effects & Complications of alopecia?|
|Types of Alopecia & its Causes ·|
|Treatments of Alopecia|
What is Alopecia?
- Alopecia areata is a condition that causes hair to fall out in small patches, which can be unnoticeable. These patches may connect, however, and then become noticeable. The condition develops when the immune system attacks the hair follicles, resulting in hair loss.
- Regular thinning on top of the head. This is the most common type of hair loss, affecting both men and women as they age. …
- Circular or patchy bald spots. …
- Sudden loosening of hair. …
- Full-body hair loss. …
- Patches of scaling that spread over the scalp
- Wounds and Infections
- Specific Medications (particularly anabolic steroids)
- Chronic Kidney Failure
- Radiation, and Chemotherapy
- Overdose of Vitamin A
- Iron Deficiency
- Hormonal Imbalances or Pregnancy
Complications and Side effects of Alopecia | Alopecia Causes
- Thinning of Hair at the Crown, temples, or both. “High Forehead” i.e. Receding Hairline
- For women, Hair Loss starts on the highest point of the head
- Men can go totally Bald
- Women do not lose the hair on the Crown of the head
- Small Round Patches of Hair
What are the Types of Alopecia? Alopecia Causes
There are 6 types of alopecia explained briefly:
Androgenic Alopecia | Alopecia Causes –
- Seen Both Men & Women
- Male Pattern Baldness (called in Men)
- Hair loss starts pattern baldness on both the temples in M Shape
Alopecia Areata | Alopecia Causes –
- Patchy hair loss
- The autoimmune system attacks healthy hair follicles
- The exact reason is still unclear
- But mostly seen under stress and distressing conditions
Alopecia Totalis | Alopecia Causes –
- Alopecia Totalis people lose all of the hair from the scalp and can cause complete baldness
- Not similar Alopecia Areata
- An advanced form of alopecia areata.
- Genetics plays a major role
- It is a rare autoimmune disease
Alopecia Universalis | Alopecia Causes –
- Causes Male Pattern Baldness
- Not similar to other types of alopecia
- Autoimmune system attacks healthy hair follicles
- 50 – 50 chances of hair regrowth after few months or years
- But can use hair wigs
Cicatricial Alopecia or Scarring Alopecia | Alopecia Causes –
- It is caused by irritation that results in the destruction of the hair follicle leading to permanent hair loss
- If treated early in the disease course, regrowth of hair is sometimes possible
Traction Alopecia | Alopecia Causes –
- When tension is applied to hair for a prolonged period
- It is a behavioural type of hair loss
Treatment of Alopecia |Preventions from Alopecia
A combination of Therapy has to apply for Preventing & Treating Alopecia.
- Platelet Rich Plasma – PRP
- Stem Cell Therapy
Alternative Treatment for Alopecia Totalis & Alopecia Universalis
- Hair Weaving
The rest of the choices are to experience Surgical Hair Transplant or wear a Wig or Hair Patch or Toupee.
If you’ve any queries about how to diagnose alopecia, how to prevent alopecia, how & for which treatment to undergo for alopecia?
Don’t worry I’m here for you to help you out in any Hair Loss related or health-related issue or queries or confusion.
You can also consult me; I offer Free Consultation on Hair Loss & Health Problems.
How to Self Diagnosis for Hair Loss?
If you are facing hair loss problems, now you can diagnose at your own at your home.
Points to remember how to self diagnose for hair loss:
- Watch all our 3 episodes completely
- Self-diagnose at your home which type of hair loss you are facing
- If you’re in the 1st stage hair loss, you’ve started following the prevention measures or not? Share me in the comment box.
I hope you’ve liked our 3rd episode of hair loss.
Don’t miss our 4th episode of Hair Loss – Hair Loss Treatments | बालों के झड़ने उपचार, we’ll provide you in-depth information on what are the Hair Loss Treatments.
Submit your review